´Grand Lisboa Palace to be completed in September, maybe open in H2 2020,´ said Ambrose So
Friday 30 de August 2019 / 04:10
⏱ 1 min read
(Macau).- The construction of Grand Lisboa Palace, the first flagship project for gaming operator SJM Holdings Ltd in Cotai, will be completed early next month by the latest, with the possible opening date scheduled for the second half of next year, the CEO of SJM Holdings, Ambrose So Shu Fai, said according to a Macao Daily News report.
The gaming operator would apply for all the necessary operation permits for Grand Lisboa Palace from the government, after the completion of the works by this month or early next month, he told reporters yesterday in an SJM event.
Though the casino in the new Cotai project could accommodate 300 gaming tables, Mr. So said based on past experiences from other new projects in Cotai, the government would only approve about 150 tables for each.
“If it is needed, we could move the existing tables from other projects to [Grand Lisboa Palace],” the local media quoted Mr. So as saying.
The SJM project has met several delays over the years for various reasons from typhoon to fire at the construction site, with the original opening date scheduled in 2017.-
Brokerage Sanford C. Bernstein Ltd said in research note last month that SJM continues to lose the market share in Macau against other competitors given its lack of presence in Cotai.
The SJM CEO also said yesterday the on-going trade war between China and the United States, as well as the social unrest in Hong Kong, has negatively impacted the Macau gaming revenue.
While the mass market here has recorded year-on-year growth so far this year, the VIP gaming performance has been far from ideal, he added.
Gross gaming revenue accumulated to MOP173.96 billion in the first seven months of this year, down by 0.9 percent from a year earlier, the government data show.
Categoría:Casino
Tags: Sin tags
País: Macao
Event
PERU GAMING SHOW – PGS 2026
17 de June 2026
ProntoPaga Consolidates Its Position at Peru Gaming Show 2026
(Lima, SoloAzar Exclusive).- Juan Carlos Loza, Head of Sales Latam at ProntoPaga, spoke exclusively after the company's participation in Peru Gaming Show 2026, highlighting the agreements reached, the interest in their payment solutions, and the expansion plans that will drive their growth across Latin America.
Monday 03 Aug 2026 / 12:00
Enhancing Responsible Gaming Through Effective Training at PGS 2026
(Lima, SoloAzar Exclusive) – Training, prevention, and technology took center stage at the "Value of Responsible Gaming in Gambling Operations" conference during the 2026 Perú Gaming Show (PGS). Presented by Fernando Calderón Castro, President of the National Gaming Society (SONAJA), the session brought industry leaders together to tackle current challenges and explore strategies for safer, more transparent, and sustainable operations.
Wednesday 22 Jul 2026 / 12:00
LSports at the Peru Gaming Show: Building Presence, Opening Doors
(Lima, SoloAzar Exclusive).- The Peru Gaming Show was never just about the booth. For LSports, it was about showing up in a market where showing up still matters — and leaving with more than a contact list. Federico Brancato, Sales Manager for the LATAM Region, came to Lima with a clear sense of what operators in this part of Latin America need most right now. What he found confirmed it.
Friday 17 Jul 2026 / 12:00
SUSCRIBIRSE
Para suscribirse a nuestro newsletter, complete sus datos
Reciba todo el contenido más reciente en su correo electrónico varias veces al mes.