Noticias de ultima
  • 12.00 Illinois Senate to Weigh Bill Expanding Substance Use Act to Cover Gambling Disorders
  • 12.00 Galaxsys Launches "Aviashow"
  • 12.00 Kambi Reports Q4 Revenue of €42.7m and Signals “Gradual Growth” Ahead for 2026
  • 12.00 Zitro Digital expands in Brazil with Esportes da Sorte
  • 12.00 SAGSE South America 2026 Aims to Maximize Business Quality and Reinforce Regional Leadership in Buenos Aires
  • 12.00 JCM Global Completes Major Upgrade at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino with iVIZION Bill Validators
  • 12.00 Konami Brings Its No. 1 Performing Cabinet and Next-Gen Casino Tech to Indian Gaming Association Tradeshow 2026
  • 12.00 Win Systems Installs Wigos CMS at Casino Buenos Aires, Strengthening Its Leadership in the Latin American Gaming Market
  • 12.00 Online gaming leads the transformation of Panama's betting market
  • 12.00 Warning Issued to Olympic Casino in Lithuania Over AML Compliance Gaps
Casino

Judge green-lights narrowing of main road through Atlantic City despite opposition from casinos

Tuesday 30 de January 2024 / 12:00

2 minutos de lectura

(Atlantic City).- Atlantic City got a green light Friday to proceed with a project to reduce the width of its main street from four lanes to two, despite fears from casinos and a hospital that the plan could tie the city into gridlocked knots, scare away gamblers and delay emergency vehicles.

Judge green-lights narrowing of main road through Atlantic City despite opposition from casinos

Superior Court Judge Michael Blee rejected arguments from five casinos and a hospital that the half-finished project to narrow Atlantic Avenue in the name of pedestrian safety could cause irreparable harm if allowed to be completed.

The judge said no one has yet been hurt by the project, which began last month, during the resort’s slowest period of the year. He added that if opponents of the plan ultimately prevail in court, the road can simply be restriped and put back the way it used to be.

“The court does not consider the personal inconvenience of residents and visitors to be irreparable harm,” he said.

Mayor Marty Small said the city received $24 million in federal and state funding that will pay for newly paved roads and sidewalks, and new street lights and synchronized traffic lights. “That’s $24 million in non-Atlantic City taxpayer money for the citizens of Atlantic City,” he said.

At a news conference in December, city officials said the money came with the requirement that it be used on pedestrian safety measures such as the road narrowing project.

Attorney Keith Davis represents the Caesars, Tropicana, Resorts, Bally’s and Hard Rock casinos, and the AtlantiCare hospital in Atlantic City. He argued that the city has no legal authority to alter traffic flows on the street, which is part of the city’s Tourism District.

Authority over that vast area of the city was ceded to a state agency, the Casino Reinvestment Development Authority, under a 2011 state law. But the judge noted that the agency, commonly referred to as CRDA, was not part of the litigation and did not appear in court.

Even with two lanes in each direction, the main road through Atlantic City can be choked with traffic, particularly on days when one or more big concerts are in town.

The Casino Association of New Jersey, the trade group for the city’s casinos, wanted the judge to block the plan.

“The Atlantic City Boardwalk casino properties and AtlantiCare are disappointed in today’s ruling,” said Mark Giannantonio, president of the association and of Resorts casino. “We stand firm in our belief that this change in traffic patterns on Atlantic Avenue could have very real public health, safety and general welfare implications.”

The judge has scheduled a trial for February 2025. But Small noted that work on phase two of the project is due to begin in September, and should be completed long before any trial.

Categoría:Casino

Tags: Sin tags

País: United States

Región: North America

Event

ICE Barcelona 2026

19 de January 2026

Luz Beatriz Jaramillo Serna of 21Viral: “Our presence at ICE Barcelona 2026 was exceptionally positive”

(Barcelona, SoloAzar Exclusive).- Following her participation at ICE Barcelona 2026, Luz Beatriz Jaramillo Serna, Head of Business Development, Marketing and Sales for Latin America at 21Viral, analyzes the commercial impact of the event, the trends set to shape the industry’s direction, and the company’s strategic priorities to consolidate growth across the region and new regulated markets.

Monday 16 Feb 2026 / 12:00

Toni Karapetrov from Habanero on ICE Barcelona 2026: Regulated Growth, Localization and Strategic Expansion Drive 2026 iGaming Strategy

(Barcelona, Exclusive SoloAzar).- In this interview, Toni Karapetrov, Head of Corporate Communications at Habanero, shares insights from ICE Barcelona 2026, highlighting premium content innovation, high-level industry engagement, key iGaming trends such as localization and gamification, and the company’s strategic focus on regulated market expansion and sustainable growth in 2026.

Friday 13 Feb 2026 / 12:00

Martin Ivanov, COO of CT Interactive: “We plan to consolidate our presence in regulated markets across Europe and LATAM while actively expanding into Africa"

(Barcelona, SoloAzar Exclusive).- In this interview with SoloAzar following ICE Barcelona 2026, Martin Ivanov shares key insights on CT Interactive’s commercial achievements, emerging industry trends, expansion across Africa and regulated markets, and the company’s strategic priorities for 2026.

Monday 16 Feb 2026 / 12:00

SUSCRIBIRSE

Para suscribirse a nuestro newsletter, complete sus datos

Reciba todo el contenido más reciente en su correo electrónico varias veces al mes.