Casino

Launch of Galaxy Macau Phase 3 delayed until 2022

Friday 13 de August 2021 / 07:55

IAG

⏱ 2 min read

(Macau).- The opening of Galaxy Macau Phase 3 has been postponed until 2022, with Galaxy Entertainment Group citing restrictions to workforce access due to COVID-19 for the delay.

Launch of Galaxy Macau Phase 3 delayed until 2022

The latest addition to GEG’s flagship property, which is set to include the Galaxy International Convention Center, a number of new hotels plus more gaming and retail space, had been scheduled to open in late 2021.
But GEG Vice Chairman Francis Lui told media during the company’s 2Q21 results announcement press conference that, pending government approvals, it was now aiming for an early 2022 launch.

Given the situation where the pandemic is still not under full control it is very hard to determine the exact date of the opening, because the pandemic to a certain extent determines our access to building materials and workers coming to Macau,” said Lui.
“Within our capabilities we are trying to manage it well and we hope that by early next year, part of the Phase 3 project can be commissioned and opened for business.”

GEG Chairman Dr Lui Che Woo said the company was hoping to open at least one new hotel by the end of 2021, although the all-suite Raffles at Galaxy Macau looks likely to be delayed until next year. Raffles would then be followed by the opening of the Galaxy International Convention Center and Andaz Hotel “in anticipation of the recovery of the MICE and entertainment market,” Dr Lui explained.

GEG revealed during its previous earnings press conference in April that Galaxy Macau Phase 3 and 4 would include a combined eight new hotel brands with 3,000 rooms targeted at the premium segment via high-end family rooms and villas.

Providing an update on Thursday, Francis Lui pointed out that the majority of Phase 3 and Phase 4 offerings would be non-gaming, designed to add a greater variety of components to appeal to a wider audience of travelers to Macau.

Dr Lui added, “We are also proceeding with the construction of Cotai Phase 4, which shows we remain confident in the future of Macau.”

By Ben Blaschke

Categoría:Casino

Tags: Sin tags

País: Macao

Event

PERU GAMING SHOW – PGS 2026

17 de June 2026

ProntoPaga Consolidates Its Position at Peru Gaming Show 2026

(Lima, SoloAzar Exclusive).- Juan Carlos Loza, Head of Sales Latam at ProntoPaga, spoke exclusively after the company's participation in Peru Gaming Show 2026, highlighting the agreements reached, the interest in their payment solutions, and the expansion plans that will drive their growth across Latin America.

Monday 03 Aug 2026 / 12:00

Enhancing Responsible Gaming Through Effective Training at PGS 2026

(Lima, SoloAzar Exclusive) – Training, prevention, and technology took center stage at the "Value of Responsible Gaming in Gambling Operations" conference during the 2026 Perú Gaming Show (PGS). Presented by Fernando Calderón Castro, President of the National Gaming Society (SONAJA), the session brought industry leaders together to tackle current challenges and explore strategies for safer, more transparent, and sustainable operations.

Wednesday 22 Jul 2026 / 12:00

LSports at the Peru Gaming Show: Building Presence, Opening Doors

(Lima, SoloAzar Exclusive).- The Peru Gaming Show was never just about the booth. For LSports, it was about showing up in a market where showing up still matters — and leaving with more than a contact list. Federico Brancato, Sales Manager for the LATAM Region, came to Lima with a clear sense of what operators in this part of Latin America need most right now. What he found confirmed it.

Friday 17 Jul 2026 / 12:00

SUSCRIBIRSE

Para suscribirse a nuestro newsletter, complete sus datos

Reciba todo el contenido más reciente en su correo electrónico varias veces al mes.