Casino

Macau to quarantine visitors from several districts in Shenzhen city

Thursday 27 de May 2021 / 09:40

⏱ 2 min read

(Macau).- Macau’s Novel Coronavirus Response and Coordination Centre has implemented mandatory 14-day quarantine measures for all individuals who have been to any of several districts in Shenzhen city in the past 14 days.

Macau to quarantine visitors from several districts in Shenzhen city

The new quarantine rules came into force from 9pm on Wednesday 26 May after seven cases of COVID-19 were detected in Shenzhen over the past weekend.
The affected districts are Xikeng Community and Anliang 8th Village in Yuanshan Subdistrict of Longgang District, Qiaodong New Village under Shatoujiao Subdistrict, Shagangxu, Donghai Lijing Garden and Yantian Port in Yantian Subdistrict in Shenzhen.

New cases in Guangzhou city have also increased to six, and the Guangzhou government has urged all citizens in Liwan district to be tested.
The increase comes just days after authorities announced that the number of visitor arrivals to Macau rose 5.3% in April as well as breaking a 15-month record for most arrivals in a single day during May Golden Week. The latest development in Guangdong Province may have a negative impact on Macau’s recovery should China opt to implement travel restrictions similar to those put in place ahead of Chinese New Year to curb a rise in COVID-19 infections.

The Macau government earlier this week said the risk of an outbreak in Macau was low after a visitor from Maoming in Guangdong Province was identified as a close contact of a confirmed COVID-19 patient.
The 28-year-old, who had been on the same bus in Maoming as the confirmed patient, arrived in Macau early Tuesday morning via Hengqin Port and had checked in to The Londoner Hotel before being taken to Conde S. Januário Hospital for a COVID-19 test. He tested negative and is currently residing at the Public Health Clinical Centre in Coloane for further medical observation, the Health Bureau said.

Categoría:Casino

Tags: Sin tags

País: Macao

Event

PERU GAMING SHOW – PGS 2026

17 de June 2026

ProntoPaga Consolidates Its Position at Peru Gaming Show 2026

(Lima, SoloAzar Exclusive).- Juan Carlos Loza, Head of Sales Latam at ProntoPaga, spoke exclusively after the company's participation in Peru Gaming Show 2026, highlighting the agreements reached, the interest in their payment solutions, and the expansion plans that will drive their growth across Latin America.

Monday 03 Aug 2026 / 12:00

Enhancing Responsible Gaming Through Effective Training at PGS 2026

(Lima, SoloAzar Exclusive) – Training, prevention, and technology took center stage at the "Value of Responsible Gaming in Gambling Operations" conference during the 2026 Perú Gaming Show (PGS). Presented by Fernando Calderón Castro, President of the National Gaming Society (SONAJA), the session brought industry leaders together to tackle current challenges and explore strategies for safer, more transparent, and sustainable operations.

Wednesday 22 Jul 2026 / 12:00

LSports at the Peru Gaming Show: Building Presence, Opening Doors

(Lima, SoloAzar Exclusive).- The Peru Gaming Show was never just about the booth. For LSports, it was about showing up in a market where showing up still matters — and leaving with more than a contact list. Federico Brancato, Sales Manager for the LATAM Region, came to Lima with a clear sense of what operators in this part of Latin America need most right now. What he found confirmed it.

Friday 17 Jul 2026 / 12:00

SUSCRIBIRSE

Para suscribirse a nuestro newsletter, complete sus datos

Reciba todo el contenido más reciente en su correo electrónico varias veces al mes.