Star Entertainment Sells Queen’s Wharf Stake to Hong Kong Partners
Wednesday 01 de April 2026 / 12:00
⏱ 1 min read
(Brisbane).- Two Hong Kong investors have become the sole owners of Brisbane's Queen's Wharf after Star Entertainment completed its exit from the project. The embattled gaming giant informed the ASX it had finalised the sale of its stake in the Destination Brisbane Consortium, which owns the complex.
Chow Tai Fook Enterprises (CTFE) and Far East Consortium (FEC) separately confirmed the deal on Wednesday morning.
The deal sees Star give up its 50 per cent stake in the consortium, with CTFE and FEC becoming equal 50 per cent partners.
Previously, they owned 25 per cent each.
Star told investors in August it had finally signed an on-again, off-again deal with the controversial Hong Kong partners. CTFE was once linked to organised crime figures. Star had been in talks with CTFE and FEC since February last year.
In addition to Queen's Wharf, the Hong Kong partners will also take over Star's ownership of the Treasury Hotel and car park, and the Charlotte Street car park.
Star is expected to pocket $53 million in the deal, along with taking stakes in Gold Coast hotels near its casino there.
In a statement, director and co-CEO of CTFE Christopher Cheng said the deal would provide "long-term stability" for Queen's Wharf and its staff.
"Having been involved in the project from its earliest stages, CTFE and Far East Consortium remain committed to supporting the continued development of this world-class destination."
Executive director of FEC Wendy Chiu said the deal represented the company's view of Brisbane as a "global city".
"We are grateful for the Queensland government's ongoing support for the project, and are committed to working with stakeholders to ensure the continued success of Queen's Wharf Brisbane as a premier tourism, entertainment and lifestyle destination, operating to the highest regulatory standards," she said.
Categoría:Casino
Tags: Sin tags
País: Australia
Región: Oceania
Event
PERU GAMING SHOW – PGS 2026
17 de June 2026
ProntoPaga Consolidates Its Position at Peru Gaming Show 2026
(Lima, SoloAzar Exclusive).- Juan Carlos Loza, Head of Sales Latam at ProntoPaga, spoke exclusively after the company's participation in Peru Gaming Show 2026, highlighting the agreements reached, the interest in their payment solutions, and the expansion plans that will drive their growth across Latin America.
Monday 03 Aug 2026 / 12:00
Enhancing Responsible Gaming Through Effective Training at PGS 2026
(Lima, SoloAzar Exclusive) – Training, prevention, and technology took center stage at the "Value of Responsible Gaming in Gambling Operations" conference during the 2026 Perú Gaming Show (PGS). Presented by Fernando Calderón Castro, President of the National Gaming Society (SONAJA), the session brought industry leaders together to tackle current challenges and explore strategies for safer, more transparent, and sustainable operations.
Wednesday 22 Jul 2026 / 12:00
LSports at the Peru Gaming Show: Building Presence, Opening Doors
(Lima, SoloAzar Exclusive).- The Peru Gaming Show was never just about the booth. For LSports, it was about showing up in a market where showing up still matters — and leaving with more than a contact list. Federico Brancato, Sales Manager for the LATAM Region, came to Lima with a clear sense of what operators in this part of Latin America need most right now. What he found confirmed it.
Friday 17 Jul 2026 / 12:00
SUSCRIBIRSE
Para suscribirse a nuestro newsletter, complete sus datos
Reciba todo el contenido más reciente en su correo electrónico varias veces al mes.