Wynn CEO looks for May reopening of Las Vegas Strip
Monday 20 de April 2020 / 03:22
⏱ 2 min read
(Las Vegas).- Wynn Resorts CEO Matt Maddox is calling for an early May reopening of Las Vegas in some capacity. In a 23-page report released Sunday, Maddox said some Las Vegas resorts should open next month with “reduced occupancy” and various social distancing and sanitation protocols.
Nevada Gov. Steve Sisolak order all nonessential businesses — including all casinos — closed for 30 days due to coronavirus health concerns in mid-March. He later extended the closure end the end of April.
It’s expected that Sisolak will reveal more about any potential plans for reopening later this week. “I commend our governor, Steve Sisolak, for making the difficult decision and taking early action in the fight against COVID-19,” Maddox said in a statement. “I believe his decisions saved lives as we were facing potential exponential growth in COVID-19 exposure, given that Las Vegas caters to millions of people from all over the world.”
While Maddox said he believes Nevada is “well-positioned” relative to other states with an eye toward recovery, he said the state’s economy is now in a “free fall.” Assuming certain health benchmarks are met, Maddox said a mid-to-late-May opening of some or all Strip properties would be realistic.
Whenever the green light is given for Strip casinos to reopen, Wynn Resorts said it has a long list of health precautions that will be put in place.
Those include the use of thermal cameras to check the temperatures of potential guests/patrons (those with confirmed temperatures over 100 degrees will not be allowed on property), a mandate that all employees will wear protective masks, and the limitation of no more than four guests inside an elevator at any one time.
As of Friday, more than 3,500 cases of COVID-19 had been confirmed in Nevada, according to health officials. A total of 155 deaths in the state have been blamed on the novel coronavirus.
Categoría:Casino
Tags: Sin tags
País: United States
Event
PERU GAMING SHOW – PGS 2026
17 de June 2026
ProntoPaga Consolidates Its Position at Peru Gaming Show 2026
(Lima, SoloAzar Exclusive).- Juan Carlos Loza, Head of Sales Latam at ProntoPaga, spoke exclusively after the company's participation in Peru Gaming Show 2026, highlighting the agreements reached, the interest in their payment solutions, and the expansion plans that will drive their growth across Latin America.
Monday 03 Aug 2026 / 12:00
Enhancing Responsible Gaming Through Effective Training at PGS 2026
(Lima, SoloAzar Exclusive) – Training, prevention, and technology took center stage at the "Value of Responsible Gaming in Gambling Operations" conference during the 2026 Perú Gaming Show (PGS). Presented by Fernando Calderón Castro, President of the National Gaming Society (SONAJA), the session brought industry leaders together to tackle current challenges and explore strategies for safer, more transparent, and sustainable operations.
Wednesday 22 Jul 2026 / 12:00
LSports at the Peru Gaming Show: Building Presence, Opening Doors
(Lima, SoloAzar Exclusive).- The Peru Gaming Show was never just about the booth. For LSports, it was about showing up in a market where showing up still matters — and leaving with more than a contact list. Federico Brancato, Sales Manager for the LATAM Region, came to Lima with a clear sense of what operators in this part of Latin America need most right now. What he found confirmed it.
Friday 17 Jul 2026 / 12:00
SUSCRIBIRSE
Para suscribirse a nuestro newsletter, complete sus datos
Reciba todo el contenido más reciente en su correo electrónico varias veces al mes.