Charles Mizzi appointed MGA CEO
Monday 18 de December 2023 / 12:00
2 minutos de lectura
(Malta).- The Board of Governors of the Malta Gaming Authority has selected Charles Mizzi to succeed Carl Brincat as Chief Executive Officer of the MGA, with effect from 26 January 2024, in terms of article 6(2)(a) of the Gaming Act (Cap. 583 of the Laws of Malta).
The appointment follows the public call issued on 30 October 2023 and the selection process which ensued thereafter. Mr Mizzi will be shadowing Dr Brincat throughout January to ensure a smooth transition at the helm of the Authority.
Mr Mizzi will join the MGA following a 5-year tenure at the helm of the Residency Malta Agency, where he has been instrumental in leading the organisation towards its goal of ensuring that Malta is one of the most reputable and desirable residencies by investment jurisdictions. As a dynamic and results-driven professional with extensive experience in operations management, the Board of Governors is in no doubt that he will continue to build on the solid foundations that he will find at the Authority.
“I am honoured to have been given the opportunity to lead the Authority,” Mr Mizzi said. “I am keen to build on past successes and, together with the team under the guidance of the Minister responsible and the Board of Governors, to strategically steer the Authority forward so that Malta’s already robust position in the field may be further strengthened, while delivering value to all stakeholders.”
Minister for the Economy, EU Funds and Lands Silvio Schembri thanked Dr Brincat for his sterling service as CEO over the past 3 years and congratulated Mr Mizzi on his appointment.
“With his vast experience in managing the operations of a number of entities and his contributions towards major projects, Charles Mizzi is undoubtedly the right candidate to continue building on what the MGA has achieved so far, and lead his excellent colleagues within the Authority towards further future success,” the Hon. Minister Schembri said.
Categoría:Others
Tags: Malta Gaming Awards ,
País: Malta
Región: EMEA
Event
ICE Barcelona 2026
19 de January 2026
Luz Beatriz Jaramillo Serna of 21Viral: “Our presence at ICE Barcelona 2026 was exceptionally positive”
(Barcelona, SoloAzar Exclusive).- Following her participation at ICE Barcelona 2026, Luz Beatriz Jaramillo Serna, Head of Business Development, Marketing and Sales for Latin America at 21Viral, analyzes the commercial impact of the event, the trends set to shape the industry’s direction, and the company’s strategic priorities to consolidate growth across the region and new regulated markets.
Monday 16 Feb 2026 / 12:00
Toni Karapetrov from Habanero on ICE Barcelona 2026: Regulated Growth, Localization and Strategic Expansion Drive 2026 iGaming Strategy
(Barcelona, Exclusive SoloAzar).- In this interview, Toni Karapetrov, Head of Corporate Communications at Habanero, shares insights from ICE Barcelona 2026, highlighting premium content innovation, high-level industry engagement, key iGaming trends such as localization and gamification, and the company’s strategic focus on regulated market expansion and sustainable growth in 2026.
Friday 13 Feb 2026 / 12:00
Martin Ivanov, COO of CT Interactive: “We plan to consolidate our presence in regulated markets across Europe and LATAM while actively expanding into Africa"
(Barcelona, SoloAzar Exclusive).- In this interview with SoloAzar following ICE Barcelona 2026, Martin Ivanov shares key insights on CT Interactive’s commercial achievements, emerging industry trends, expansion across Africa and regulated markets, and the company’s strategic priorities for 2026.
Monday 16 Feb 2026 / 12:00
SUSCRIBIRSE
Para suscribirse a nuestro newsletter, complete sus datos
Reciba todo el contenido más reciente en su correo electrónico varias veces al mes.

